North East Scotland Equalities Network (NESEN) is a user-led Grampian wide Equality Network.
The Network brings people together to help achieve equality in race, , faith and belief, sexual orientation, sex and gender reassignment, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and age, through an interactive network membership of voluntary sector, public bodies, individuals, groups and organisations from across Grampian.
All members are committed to equality of opportunity for all and achieving the best for Grampian’s diverse communities.
The main aims of NESEN are:
- Partnership working, networking and promotion of member organisations’ services;
- Building understanding of common issues shared by communities and protected groups, and act as a joint consultation and involvement group for these issues;
- Share and develop good practice in equality matters;
- Work together to promote equality for all;
- Be a positive voice for Grampian’s diverse communities
The Network aims to be user-driven, keeping members connected and informed of events, news and requests for assistance across the whole spectrum of equality matters.