Job Opportunity with The African Council
Project Manager for The African Council’s “African Representation in Scotland’s Social and Economic Life” project
Fixed Term, until June 30th 2018 (with the possibility of extension and additional funding)
17 hours a week. Based at GREC offices, 41 Union St. Aberdeen AB11 5BN
Salary £28,100 (pro rata)
The African Council, a national strategic organisation whose Vision is to promote the Cultural and economic development of the diverse African communities in Scotland, has been awarded funding by the Scottish Government’s Equality Fund to initiate an ambitious and exciting project aimed at addressing some of the key barriers that are faced by Africans in Scotland. The project will initially have a regional (North East Scotland) focus, but there is scope for it to extend to the rest of Scotland.
The initial project will include:
- Designing and promoting an online survey to determine the nature and extend of African representation in the job market.
- Organising, promoting and facilitating focus groups to allow members of the African community share their experiences.
- Community engagement activities aimed at building African communities’ capacity and resilience to enable them to cope with the social, economic and psychological impact of potential unemployment as well as underemployment.
- Building a presence on social media and the African Council website
- Recruiting and supporting a team of volunteers.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Philip Muinde: email@example.com.
All Applications should be returned electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be returned to by: 5pm on September 11th
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, September 20th 2017
Download the Job Description
Download the Application Form